SOMERSET HILLS LITTLE LEAGUE CODE OF CONDUCT
Youth sports programs play an important role in promoting the physical, social and emotional
development of children. It is therefore essential for parents, coaches, volunteers, officials and
players to embrace the values of good sportsmanship. Moreover, adults involved in youth sports
events should be models of good sportsmanship and should lead by example by demonstrating
fairness, respect and self-control.
All parents, coaches, volunteers, officials and players (“Participants”) will be responsible
for their words and actions while attending, coaching, officiating or participating in a
Somerset Hills Little League (“League”) event and shall conform their behavior to the
following code of conduct:
1. All Participants will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent,
player, volunteer, official or any other attendee.
2. A Participant will not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety
or wellbeing of any coach, parent, player, volunteer, official or any other attendee.
3. A Participant will not engage in the use of profanity.
4. All Participants will treat any coach, parent, player, volunteer, official or any other
attendee with respect regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation or ability.
5. All Participants will not engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any
coach, parent, player, volunteer, official or any other attendee.
6. A Participant will not initiate a fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, volunteer,
official or any other attendee.
7. Speed Limit 5 mph in roadways and parking lots while attending any Little League
function. Watch for small children around parked cars.
8. No swinging bats or throwing baseballs at any time within the walkways and
common areas of a Little League complex. No throwing rocks. No horseplay in
walkways at any time. No climbing fences.
9. During game, players must remain in the dugout area in an orderly fashion at all
times. After each game, each team must clean up trash in dugout and around
A Participant that fails to conform his or her conduct to the foregoing while attending,
coaching, officiating, volunteering or participating in a League event will be subject to
disciplinary action, including but not limited to the following in any order or combination:
1. Verbal warning issued by League Board.
2. Written warning issued by League Board.
3. Suspension or immediate ejection from a League event issued by League Board.
4. Suspension from multiple youth sports events issued by League Board.
5. Season suspension or multiple season suspension issued by League Board.
Any violations of the Code of Conduct policy will be reviewed by the Conduct Subcommittee
lead by Chad McQueen (email@example.com). All SHLL board decisions are binding and final.
This Code of Conduct has been approved by the Board of Directors of the Somerset Hills Little
League and is subject to amendment at any time by the Board of the League. The current Code
of Conduct will be posted on the League website at all times and will be maintained at the
Kiwanis Field Complex.
If a Participant has any questions regarding the Code of Conduct,
please direct same in care of any member of Board of Directors.
Failure to comply with the above may result in expulsion from the field or complex. If
you have any issues or concerns regarding safety or violations of the Code of Conduct Policy, please
contact Chad McQueen at firstname.lastname@example.org.